Participants: Robin, Darcey, Lonjina, Eric, Stefan, Christine and Raeann
(names above linked to LinkedIn profiles)
Talked about NIA, compared West Seattle to Staten Island, crosswalks, transition, job interviews, relationship building, selling your service, non-profits, self evaluation, challenge junkies, running multiple businesses, vintage toys pop art store, big picture, White Center, grants, yoga, aroma therapy, word press, time limits, holistic practice, best practice, growth, networking, value, good customers, Pinterest, accessories, baby shower invites, giving instead of taking, support group.
What we need help with:
- Stefan would appreciate spreading the word for the Office Junction getting members up to 40 to 50 soon.
- Eric looks for non-profit contacts and movie projects.
- Christine searches for some advice about personal growth aligned with work projects, maybe mentor, maybe coach.
- Lonjina always welcomes more members for the Center Studio.
- Darcey offers wonderful massages and has her own line of aroma therapy products. Need a massage, find Darcey at Center Studio.
- Robin offers her consulting services to small business owners. She helps with strategies to prepare the business for growth, defining good customers, creating value. Contact her at Spry Vision.
- Raeann needs people interested hosting jewelry trunk shows. The jewelry sale supports Aethiopian artisans. She also looks for a cozy, intimate space to start a local support group. If you have a space with couches, room for 10 to 14 people, to share in a safe environment, let her know.
Meetup participated by Clark, Cherylee, Matt, Stefan, Spenser, Christine, Eric, Donel, Deborah, Kerrie
Shared and brainstormed about how we boost our creativity:
- while doing dishes
- wood chopping
- best creative thinking happens in free time
- performance enhancements
- running (if you can't find a solution after running 4 hours, there is none)
- taking classes
- going for walk
- making art
- listening to others, e.g. during meetups
- enjoying music
- setting problem aside
- 'blowing hair'
- taking break (the more you persist, the more it resist)
- collaborating with others
- feeding ideas of others
- verbal processing while talking it over with a friend
- opening up in the moment
- physical exercise
- notes taking
- inspired by media & art
- setting goals
- focusing on creative process
- kinetic experiences
- assembling things
- out of the box approach
Thanks everyone for sharing!
On Tuesday we meet with our friends from the Seattle Collaborative Space Alliance, a bunch of Coworking space owners, founders, managers and members at WeWorks, a new, super fancy Coworking space in South Lake Union.
This month was a social meetup (alternating with business meetings) and we went on a tour led by WeWork's Gina, synced notes, welcomed some newbies, chitchatted and enjoyed a nice Vietnamese buffet and the WeWorks keg. Thank you, WeWorks!
Raeann, Kerrie, Cherylee, Donel, Leah, Clark, Eric, Jana and Christine
We spent most of our meetup catching up with each others work projects, learning what the others work on, who joined the Office Junction.
Here are some of our shared skills: Mentoring programs, financial planning, coaching training, general editing, proof reading, sales, job searching, soul searching, graphic design, pricing, community organizer, caregiver, dog sitter, micro manager, website editing, web development.
We further shared some of our favorite tech helpers and apps:
Mapquest, SDOT Traffic cams, ferry app, waze, LinkedIn, Evernote's newest handwritten notes feature, positive discipline app, gmail, google calendar, safari, foursquare, GPS, and many more.
We also talked about 'Lotus Notes' and 'Word Perfect' and how we developed from then to now.
Christine and Stefan, Co-Founder