Meetup 6/11 and the 50K question
Summer time and the livin is easy...
Around our long table gathered Clark, Raeann, Cherylee, Donel, Renatta, Christine, Kerrie and Ben and hovering over a big batch of super delicious, gluten free brownies made by Cherylee
What would you do if you would have $ 50K to spend on your business?
- Get an awesome website built and intern/helper and coach help prioritize
- make a down payment on a little house in West Seattle to host client events
- buy a van and build it out as the perfect race vehicle
- invest in a great logo, good website and a home office, go to conferences
- hire a part time help to help with marketing and Quickbooks
- buy a 3D printer, making things to order, pay something who knows what he's doing with the 3D printer
- decorate the little house the business partner did the down payment on earlier
Weekly needs from our members/visitors:
- Raeann looks for someone who will build her an ecommerce site for her graphic design card business
- Clark needs help with print materials and promotion for his new running club and coaching business. He gave out flyers for an upcoming event.
- Kerrie is looking for work as technical editor, proof reader. She worked on medical presentations, book editing, engineering documents and organizations
- Renatta offers event planning for corporate events, HR departments and team building. She organized a city race for one company, currently works on a health event for children and also works for 'Seattle Marathon'. She looks for introductions to companies to put up some fun events.
- Ben looks for work starting as a web developer. He still works on experience and is helpful to find any projects. He is still affordable.
- Cherylee looks for a space to host a party for 30 people with food and got these recommendations: Endolyne Joe's, Cacuts (day time), Salty's downstairs, Dakota Place, Camp Long, Alki Bathhouse, Admiral Sanctuary, Hall of Fauntleroy.
If you have anything to offer to these needs, please contact us and we'll connect you.
And the winners for our West Seattle 5K Bib Number raffle are....
1st prize - 1 hour coaching with our member & Ultra-marathon runner & coach Clark: Chris, Bib 121
2nd prize - 1 mo membership (5 days) or 3 hr event at the Office Junction: Kristin L., Bib 333
3rd prize - Registration Fee for WS5K 2015: Zachary P. (11), Bib 769
All others are invited for a free trial day at the Office Junction!
Please contact us to redeem your prize!
Our Wednesday Meetup was visited by Eric, Donel, Liz, Bob, Ben, Raeann, Christine, Spenser, Clark and Cherylee
Our icebreaker this week was 'Your favorite West Seattle restaurant'.
Eric really likes the new Cassis on Alki, especially for their fish.
Donel loves 'The Bridge' across the street for their burgers, fried tomatoes, great food presentation and friendly service.
Elizabeth favorite is Marination Ma Kai on Alki for their great food, fish taco (Raeann second the awesome fries) and the location, her favorite spot to reward herself for her training efforts to walk a half marathon.
Bob loves 909 Coffee & Wine in Burien.
Ben enjoys brunch at fiddlehead (4310 SW Oregon), especially the pork hash. He also likes 'La Rustica' for location and the sister restaurant 'La Romanza'.
Raeann loves Surf & Turf at Matador, posole at Pecado Bueno and Kalua pork (even gluten free).
Christine visits Pho Aroma almost weekly for Vermicelli Combo, likes Salty's and La Rustica for their location and also Saigon Boat Cafe for their great Vietnamese salad rolls, curries, friendly service, affordable family dinner and great spot.
Spenser recommended Bakery Nouveau for their delicious topnotch sandwiches and their heavenly 'Chocolate bread', even not West Seattle, also the Ballard Pizza Company and Bitterroot and KickIn Boot in Ballard for their great Texan BBQ and greens.
Clark loves West5's pulled pork, mac&cheese, potato salad, BLT and brunch.
Cherylee shared her preference for 'The Bridge', Cactus and Swinery and won some sympathy points by offering to bring her homemade brownies to our next meetup.
Ask Eric & Raeann for more restaurant reviews! It's their specialty.
During our 'reaching out to the universe what do you need help with' segment of our meetup, we identified following requests:
Eric would like to get some help with a solid SEO service. He experiences a lot of 'Used Car Sales' practices while researching for a good provider. If you have input on a great online service or small biz professional offering SEO, let him know.
Donel looks for great private space to host a wine party for her clients.
Bob is in transition from health services to internet marketing and is doing some research. He still looks for networks and connections. If you have an interesting project for him around sustainability, ecommerce, helping with framework and entrepreneurship.
Ben is an upcoming freelance web developer looking for projects, currently involved in a Maker Space Startup, constructing user stories and surveys.
Raeann looks for help creating a ecommerce site for her cards. She also looks for hosts for her jewelry trunk shows. And participants for her Miscarriage support gathering.
Christine appreciates some reviews and likes for Office Junctions social media accounts and some comments on Facebook.
Spenser looks for funding for his web series (about Parking enforcement) and writing gigs for magazine stories.
Clark needs stickers and shirts made for his new running club. Raeann referred him to PB&J Textiles.
If you have offerings for our members, please contact us and we'll contact you.
Entrepreneur Meetup 5/28
We shared some insights into our projects:
Christine and Benji could use some help with their new startup StuffMapper. They are looking for some friendly folks participating in their very fun, short survey!
Spenser shared his new documentary projects and contribution to the financial blog Billfold and The Awl. He is looking for more writing gigs and funding for his fictional web series. Visit his website to learn more about his projects.
Stefan talked about this Design and Coworking biz.
Reena offers legal advice and help with patent and other business needs.
Raeann branches out from her custom design biz to accessories. Visit her NoonDayCollection Online Shop for artisan jewelry supporting communities in Africa. She also started a miscarriage support gathering and looks for a cozy space to host these meetings.
Patricia is a real estate agent looking for a networking group, joining our meetup for the first time. She wants to start a Women Networking group and connected with Reena and Raeann to meet again.
We also talked about a business idea for making the process of creating 'Operational agreements' more fun by creating an online game.
We finished early, splitting up in 1-on-1 conversations and smaller groups.
Our next Entrepreneur Meetup is on 6/25 at noon. Please RVSP on meetup.com so we know you are coming!
Christine and Stefan, Co-Founder