Kelly, Liz, Eric, Kerrie, Christine, Ben and Ross in attendance.
Topic: How we do our weekly planning
We followed up on our goals for the week. Eric finished his task with a beautiful 8 miles hike at Maple Lake/Rainy Pass. Christine finished the book '10 % happier' from Dan Harris on time and shared some notes about staying calm while keeping an edge.
We talked about Oprah as advice giver, professional procrastination, Randy Pausch's advice, which inspired Ben, currently working on a computer program to prioritize tasks. Urgent, important vs. not urgent, not important.
- Scheduling what you want to do vs. what you have to do, scheduling walks, dates, reading time, to make time for the fun in your life.
- Getting work done if someone makes you accountable and how deadlines help us freelancers to finish projects.
- Planning 90 minute 'work sections' to focus on one task instead of multitasking and trying to hard all day
- Writers doing only 2 pages per day a year instead of trying to finish a novel in a month
- Making daily to do lists and planning only one day ahead instead of a week
- Setting up routines, same breakfast, same route, same tasks on specific days
- 7 Things Highly Productive People Do
Kerrie shared some insights about an audiobook on how to focus on essentials. We talked about simplifying tasks and the 'Buy Nothing' facebook group.
We had a great meetup while enjoying some grapes 'from the neighbors hanging over the fence'. We adjourned the meeting at 1:14 pm.
Leave a Reply.
Christine and Stefan, Co-Founder